1) подберите к выделенным в тексте словам определения из списка 1-10unscripted, were broadcast, dates, bizarre, outcome, voting, recruit, outrageous, deliberate, villains 1. has a romantic relationship with 2. doing something not by chance but according to a certain plan 3. bad characters in books or films 4. using no written scenario
5. choosing formallty between two or more candidates 6. shocking 7. invite people for a job 8. final result 9. strange and unnatural 10. were on tv/radio 2) - what do you feel when doing sports? - that’s an interesting question i’ve much thought about. well, take any emotion, like anger, frustration, disappointment or pain, and try to hide what you feel deep inside, try to bottle
everything up till you’re ready to burst like a powder keg. then you can say that this is what you feel when doing sports, especially if it’s an important event or competition… you feel as if your mind goes dark and empty and you don’t actually know why you’re doing it, but you’re doing it to the best of your abilities. you run, hit or tackle and you know that each member of
your team is feeling every little bit of it. and when it’s all finished, and you’re standing over your opponent like a victorious warrior, you may feel really satisfied, you feel like a god… ответить на вопрос 1.what emotions do people have when doing sports? 2.are these emotions strong or weak? 3.what kind of sports does this sportsman do? why do you think so?
4.who are sports people compared to?
1. has a romantic relationship with - dates.
2. doing something not by chance but according to a certain plan - deliberate.
3. bad characters in books or films - villains.
4. using no written scenario - unscripted.
5. choosing formallty between two or more candidates - voting.
6. shocking - outrageous.
7. invite people for a job - recruit.
8. final result - outcome.
9. strange and unnatural - bizarre.
10. were on TV/radio - were broadcast.
1.What emotions do people have when doing sports?
- People have emotions like anger, frustration, disappointment or pain, and try to hide what they feel deep inside, try to bottle everything up till they’re ready to burst like a powder keg.
2.Are these emotions strong or weak?
- These emotions are strong.
3.What kind of sports does this sportsman do? Why do you think so?
- I think this sportsman goes in for football. Because it's a team game and in the text we can see such words as "and you know that each member of your team is feeling every little bit of it".
4.Who are sports people compared to?
- Sports people compared to victorious warriors.
london would not be london without the river thames. it flows 215 miles across the english countryside and then through the heart of the great city before it reaches the sea. the thames has played an extremely important part in making england what it is today.
england had very few roads in the past, so the thames provided a major highway between london and many parts of the country. people could also send supplies of food and other goods to and from london by boat. in times of war, london was protected from sea attacks because they built castles and forts at the mouth of the river. people from the london area got their drinking water from the thames, and thirsty cows and sheep were a common sight along its banks.
with the industrial revolution in the 18th century, the thames became one of the busiest waterways in the world. factories made and exported goods of all kinds. so people became rich and many of them built beautiful houses along the banks oh the river. the famous writer charles dickens spent part of his childhood there and later wrote about the thames in his books.
today the thames has become a symbol of london, just as much as big ben or buckingham palace. if you take a stroll along its banks you'll have a day full of pleasant surprises. you can admire bridges built in many different architectural styles. the most famous one is probably tower bridge which actually opens up 1,000 times a year to let ships through. or you might be lucky enough to see london's rowing event, the oxford and cambridge boat race, which takes place on the river every spring. whether you're a londoner or a visitor, the thames will always have something to offer you.
i'm looking forward to it. g. ) for the race every day after school. h. if you had been careful, the steal) your necklace.
family 5. one day he\ she 6. it happens so that .. 7. in the end the main character which is great \ sad \ lucky \ happy. з. ы. эти предложения использовать не обязательно